Thursday, August 23, 2012

BDS Hero Alice Walker Compares Fidel Castro To Dalai Lama

A few weeks ago  the Pulitzer prize-winning author  Alice Walker announced to much fanfare that she refuses to allow her book "The Color Purple" to be published in Hebrew. She explained her decision as follows:

"I grew up under American apartheid and this was far worse," she wrote. "Indeed, many South Africans who attended, including Desmond Tutu, felt the Israeli version of these crimes is worse even than what they suffered under the white supremacist regimes that dominated South Africa for so long. It is my hope that the non-violent BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) movement, of which I am part, will have enough of an impact on Israeli civilian society to change the situation." 
This was only the latest Walker anti-Israel activity. She had previously particpated in a 2011 "aid" floatilla to Gaza, and participated as a Juror on the farcical "Russel Tribunal on Palestine" that declared Israel an Apartheid state.

Alice who is getting prepared to reenact her role as a Juror in the RToP, was recently interviewed by Frank Barat (nicknamed the "Forrest Gump of Israel advocacy") and managed to share with the public these gems:

 My admiration for Fidel Castro is well known. Whether one likes or dislikes what Fidel represents – and I like what he represents – he seems to me a truly extraordinary human being. Filled with love for the suffering beings of the world, and with a willingness to fight alongside them for their liberation. 
Just in case you didn't appreciate her admiration for the dictatorial Castro enough, she adds:

I also admire the Dalai Lama and can appreciate the similarity between His Holiness and Father Fidel. One waged war to overthrow a dictatorship that degraded and almost destroyed the people of Cuba, and the other wages peace toward an adversary, the Chinese government, which to this day shows no sign of mercy toward the Tibetan people. 
So what planet is she from?

Where do you feel most at home?
I feel completely at home in this Universe, which I consider a perfect marvel. And specifically I feel I am an Earthling. 

No comments: